Plant-Based, Vegan, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Oil Free, Dairy Free
I was SO excited the other night when I threw together a super quick pasta sauce and it turned out more delicious, more creamy, and more like Alfredo than any plant-based sauce I’ve ever made.
I was inspired by a dish at a local restaurant that we like to go to, where they always top off their vegan Alfredo pasta dish with fresh microgreens. With microgreens ready to go in the other room, I took the opportunity to replicate this dish at home, with just a few key ingredients we already had in our kitchen.
Seriously guys, this vegan Alfredo pasta is SO easy, and you’ll probably only need to pick up 1 or 2 ingredients from the store, if any! Whether you’re gluten-free and vegan yourself, or need to whip up something quickly for your vegan friends coming over for dinner, this dish will not disappoint. One of the best parts about making it is that you can enjoy the essence of Alfredo, while also knowing the ingredients are providing a lot of nutrients to your body. I’m all about combining nutritious with delicious.
This easy, vegan Alfredo pasta, has the perfect components of a “cheesy” sauce: extra creamy and even a cheesy flavor. The creaminess comes from the healthy fats in the cashews and the plant-based milk and the cheesiness comes from the nutritional yeast and the cashews, as well as a couple of other seasonings.
- 1 bag of GF pasta (I used the brown rice fussilli from Trader Joes)
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup plant based milk (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Microgreens to top (optional)
1. Cook pasta as directed on the back of the bag
2. Add ingredients 2-8 (cashews, water, almond milk, nutritional yeast, garlic, salt, and rosemary to a high powered blender and process for 2-3 minutes or until smooth. If your blender is not high powered, soak the cashews for 1 hr-24 hrs before blending.
3. Rinse pasta according to instructions. Add pasta back into the pot over low heat, pour the sauce over the pasta. Stir occasionally until warmed.
4. Spoon pasta into bowls and top with microgreens. You can also add a dash of paprika on top for presentation and extra flavor!
Did you try this recipe? What did you think? Let me know in the comments below! Recipe card is available below!
That’s all for now friends.
All my best,